If you are ever appointed to games in a new league or division for the first time, always ask yourself the following questions to ensure you are adequately prepared.
The following is still important for any match appointment.
- Who is the assignor and/or who to contact in the case of emergencies?
- Which teams are playing?
- When is the appointment being played (date/time)?
- Where is the field location and how to get there?
- What is the expected pre-game arrival time?
- What is the expected pre-game arrival attire and any mandatory match uniforms?
- What is the tie-breaking procedure?
- What is the substitution policy and league-specific rules?
- What is the procedure for submitting match reports including gamesheets, discipline and special incidents?
- What are the names and contact info of your crew members for pre-game communication?