The 2020 registration period is now open (began February 21)! As a result of COVID-19, the deadline to register without incurring a late fee has been changed to April 30, 2020 (instead of March 31, 2020). Registration fees remain the same (breakdown of fees).
The following outlines how to complete the registration process:
1. Log In to Ref Centre www.refcentre.com
2. Under the “Registration” tab on the home page, select “Register Now” from the drop down menu.
3. Complete learning modules:
- Four (4) modules that cover the 2020 Laws of the Game revisions will need to be completed prior to the registration exam.
- At the end of each module, a quiz will be administered and you will need to obtain a mark of 100%. There are unlimited attempts for each end-of-module quiz.
4. Complete the 2020 Registration Exam.
5. Once the 2020 Registration Exam is completed, you will be re-directed to a new page to:
- verify your personal information;
- input your Respect in Sport certification code (see below for more details); and,
- review and agree to Rowan’s Law and Ontario Soccer’s Lightning Safety/ Severe Weather policy.
6. Next you will be prompted by the payment page. Payments can be processed via credit card or cheque. Please note: If you select the ‘Pay by Cheque’ option, there will be an additional $10.00 processing fee and your registration will only be approved once your cheque is processed by the Ontario Soccer office.
7. Once your payment is processed, your registration is complete and you will be able to accept games for the 2020 season.
Respect in Sport
If your Respect in Sport certification has expired or you have not yet completed the Respect in Sport certification, please review the certification process below. A certificate number from another sport organization obtained within the past 5 years is acceptable and may be used for registration. Please note that Ontario Soccer will be auditing this requirement throughout the registration season and any individual who is found to be using a false code or using another Match Official’s code will have their account deactivated until they do in fact complete the certification process.
The fee to obtain the Respect in Sport certification is $30.00.
1. Follow this link to begin the process:
- If you have an existing Respect in Sport (Activity Leader Program) certificate, select “Already Certified?” and follow the prompts.
- If you have an existing profile in any other Respect in Sport group program, select “New to this Program?” followed by “Look-Up”.
- If this is your first time registering for a Respect in Sport group program, select “New to this Program?” followed by “Register”.
2. Complete the registration.
4. Once successfully logged in, you will default to the Home page. Select “Program Access” to view to modules.
5. After completing the modules, you will receive a certificate of completion. The certification number that is required complete the registration is on the certificate.
6. To re-access the program, return to the same URL indicated above and enter the username and password created during registration.
Already have a code:
If you previously completed the Respect in Sport certification and require your certification number, click on this link – once on the page select “Need your certificate number” from the options provided. At this point you will need to enter the email that is associated with your Respect in Sport account to obtain your certification number.
If you have any further questions, regarding registration or any of the above, please email Luis Paredes, Match Officials Development Coordinator with Ontario Soccer.